Crafting Your Perfect Practice Routine
by Yotam Silberstein
In this new course, learn how to build your practice routine in 5 key areas to maximize your limited practice time, consistently improve your playing, and eliminate lack of motivation and focus.
“Since his arrival in New York in 2005, Israeli guitarist Yotam Silberstein has made an impact on the scene with his precision bebop lines and fleet-fingered improvisations.”
“Silberstein Burns Brightly”
New York Times
“Yotam Silberstein improvises in a cutting tone and writes heady original tunes that seem to tug the straight-ahead jazz tradition in new directions.”
The 3 Biggest Practice Mistakes (and how to fix them)
1. "I just don't have time to practice."
The truth is you do have time, but what you really don’t have is energy when you have the free time and the time you do have is wasted because you don't have a step-by-step system to follow. This course gives you that.
2. You don’t know what you don’t know.
What do I practice? How do I consistently break through my plateaus? You need to learn from a system that teaches you exactly what and how to practice each of the fundamental areas of jazz, not a random YouTube-based curriculum.
3. You don’t have a teacher or someone to be accountable to.
A much bigger part of motivation than we would like to admit comes from being accountable to someone, not sheer willpower. You need to not only learn from a pro that has been where you are, but also have someone that is expecting you to put in the work. The social pressure to not let someone down is a good force to get you practicing when you might not feel like it. One big superpower we have at JazzMemes is that Kevin and I keep each other accountable every day. Think back to when you made the most progress in your playing and I guarantee it was when you were most accountable to a teacher or group of musicians. Now think about what it would mean for your playing 6 weeks or 6 months from now if you had that level of accountability and support.
Everyone knows that getting a teacher to work with consistently is great, but it’s also super expensive. Taking lessons from a master can cost anywhere from $75-150/hr PER WEEK. Or, if you decide to go to a top university to learn jazz then you’re talking about $30,000-$50,000 every year. For most people, that’s not possible, especially in today’s environment.
These are all real challenges with crafting your practice routine and that’s why we teamed up with world-class guitarist, Yotam Silberstein, to create a way for you to invest in your growth as a musician at a fraction of the cost. We took what would be the equivalent of months of lessons of material with Yotam and packed it all into a brand-new course called, Crafting Your Perfect Practice Routine, for less than the price of a SINGLE LESSON.
If you want to finally have a practice routine that doesn’t feel like you are constantly stuck and not making progress, you owe it to yourself and your playing to take advantage of this limited-time offer. Scroll down to read what's inside.
All The Tools You Need To Build A Successful Practice Routine
There are three steps to re-igniting your motivation and focus in your practice routine. You need to know HOW to practice, WHAT to practice, and have ACCOUNTABILITY and support.
In this course you will learn how to build your practice routine in 5 key areas to maximize your limited practice time, consistently improve your playing and eliminate lack of motivation and focus.
Maximize Your Limited Practice Time
The #1 practice obstacle our community of 158K people said they have is lack of time and energy and motivation. This course will give you the 5 key areas that world-class musician, Yotam Silberstein, uses to structure his routine, allowing you to focus only on things that will improve your playing.
Consistently Improve Your Playing
Once you understand the structure of a perfect practice routine, what about the details? Learn EXACTLY how a world-class musician practices improvisation, transcribing, harmony, rhythm, melody, fundamentals, and more...Yotam teaches you his best techniques and specific exercises. Scroll down to see the included course material.
Reignite Your Motivation and Focus
The proven way to stay motivated is to have accountability and support. We're proud to say that no other online jazz course can offer you the level of support and community we can. Students will have access to a private jazz community to answer all your practice questions and find an accountability partner. In addition, we will be promoting our awesome students to our JazzMemesFamily of over 158K musicians.
5 Modules with 87min of HD Video
The course is organized into modules for ease of learning and going back to review.
4 Pages of Fundamental Technique Material
Learn Yotam's fundamental technique exercises and ignore the rest of the BS out there.
3 Pages of Harmony Material
Yotam demonstrates how he creates unique voicings and practices harmony.
16 Pages of Transcribed Improvisation Material
We included 12 pages of Yotam playing over a classic jazz standard that he demonstrates in the course AND a killing solo by Roy Hargrove from one of Yotam's albums.
Invite to a Live Masterclass with Yotam
Yotam will give a live masterclass only for members of this course and answer your specific questions via Zoom on Sunday, Dec. 20, 2020. If you cannot attend, the recording will be available.
You will have lifetime access to this course and any updates.
BONUS - Yotam's Top Albums for Learning Jazz and Transcribing
Yotam put together his favorite albums for learning jazz vocabulary and transcribing.
BONUS - JazzMemes Feature Opportunity
We want students of this course to succeed and we will be giving opportunities for them to be promoted for free to our community of 158K musicians, including some of the world's best jazz musicians.
- Learn EXACTLY how to structure your limited practice time
- Everyone talks about "mastering the fundamentals", and in this course Yotam shows you what that ACTUALLY means you need to work on.
- Learn how to memorize tunes and never forget them, and keep track of it all with the included Repertoire List printout
- Watch Yotam transcribe a Roy Hargrove solo and learn the techniques he uses to effectively transcribe
- Learn how to DOUBLE the amount of vocabulary you get from transcribing
- We include a list of Yotam's top jazz albums for vocabulary and transcribing
- Transform the way you approach soloing over a standard with the "Melodic Variation" Method. This is the method that jazz legends use that is NOT being taught in universities (includes 12 pages of solo material over a jazz standard demonstrating this method.)
- BONUS - We added a bonus lesson where Yotam teaches you how to become a rhythmic Jedi and go through the 10 stages from beginner to advanced.
- BONUS for first 100 members ONLY - For a limited time, we are including an invite to a private Zoom session with us interviewing Yotam and where you will also have the opportunity to ask your questions live. This live masterclass will happen on Sunday, Dec. 20, 2020.
- BONUS - Invite to our private jazz community to get feedback on your practice routine and playing from us and your peers